Did you know that this month is the very first Kids Eat Right Month?
That’s right! Let’s get this school year started on the right track and get our kids eating right and staying healthy!
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Academy Foundation have created a new children’s health and nutrition education campaign, and it comes in the form of Kids Eat Right Month. According to Terri Raymond, RDN and chair of the Academy Foundation, “As children head back to school in August, Kids Eat Right Month will reinforce our program’s core messages of shopping smart, cooking healthy and eating right. By following these principles, we can help ensure children are healthy, succeed in school and grow into healthy adults” (source).
Are you a master of eating right? Take this quiz to find out!
1. TRUE or FALSE: Breakfast is a very important meal.
2. Which of the following foods doesn’t belong with the others?
- A. Apples
- B. Bananas
- C. Grape Juice
- D. Strawberries
3. Approximately how many servings of fruits and vegetables should an active kid get every day?
- A. 0 to 2
- B. 1.5 to 3
- C. 3 to 4.5
- D. 3.5 to 5
Scroll down to view the answers.
1. True! If you’re running late in the morning, you still need to have breakfast. Balance whole grains with some fruit or vegetables and perhaps a little protein for a quick and healthy start to your day.
2. B. Grape Juice. All the other foods are whole fruits. Juice doesn’t have nearly as much fiber as regular fruit, which means that you miss out on many of its health benefits. Plus, when you drink juice instead of eating fruit, you will get hungry again much more quickly.
3. D. 3.5 to 5. It sounds like a lot, but getting enough fruits and vegetables can be fun. After all, it’s really important to eat enough fruits and vegetables every day. They are full of fiber and nutrients, which will help you stay healthy and have the energy you need to have fun.
So, what do you think? Are you a master of eating right?
We’d love to get your feedback! Send us a message and let us know how you did or visit us on Instagram @movitajuicebar for some healthy tips and the latest juices and fruit bowls!
DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information is for informational purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any illness. Consult a physician before taking any action.
Want to contribute great content?
We are looking for contributors provide our readers with great healthy content to encourage positive living. If you're interested in becoming a contributor pease email us at firstname.lastname@example.org