We are wrapping up National Nutrition Month. In this week’s post, I want to share some fast and lean meal ideas for those of you who are always on the go and even if you’re not on the go.
It’s often wise to choose foods that need to be eaten with a spoon or fork, as many of them are traditionally more nutrient-dense than their counterparts, which are often eaten out of bags. That doesn’t mean that you have to give up fast meals though. There are lots of ways to fit a healthful meal into a packed schedule.
Here are a few fun ideas to help get you started with this approach!
- Cooked oatmeal with nuts and fresh berries
- Cooked cream of wheat or Wheatena with a grapefruit on the side
- Shredded wheat or unsweetened whole grain cereal with a side of sliced melon
- Muesli (nonfat light yogurt mixed with fruit and dry rolled oats, can be refrigerated overnight)
- Whole grain pasta with red sauce and added veggies
- Tuna salad made with light mayonnaise and served on lettuce
- Chicken breast salad made with nonfat mayonnaise and served on a green salad
- Broth-based soup
- Low-fat vegetarian chili
- Baked potato with nonfat Greek yogurt and chives
- Poached, baked, or grilled fish with brown rice and steamed vegetables
- Low-fat stir-fry with veggies, brown rice, and lean protein
- Chicken breast: roasted, baked or grilled (without skin), served with quinoa and roasted vegetables
- Beans and rice
Make sure to check back with us for our next blog!
And remember, follow us on Instagram @movitajuicebar for everything fresh, healthy & nutritious!
DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information is for informational purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any illness. Consult a physician before taking any action.
Want to contribute great content?
We are looking for contributors provide our readers with great healthy content to encourage positive living. If you're interested in becoming a contributor pease email us at firstname.lastname@example.org