This roasted asparagus is topped with fresh basil and sliced tomatoes. You can serve it as an appetizer or side dish.
- 1 pound of thick asparagus
- olive oil spray
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tomato, cored and cut in small wedges
- red wine vinegar
- balsamic vinegar
- black pepper to taste
- Slice the asparagus in half lengthwise.
- Place it on a nonstick pan that is lightly sprayed or rubbed with olive oil.
- Spray the asparagus lightly.
- Top the asparagus with sliced garlic and onions.
- Roast all together on the pan for about 20 minutes or until the onions and garlic are a light brown and the asparagus is crisp tender.
- Top the asparagus with the vinegars, basil, and tomato. Serve immediately.
Serve as a side dish or warm salad on a salad plate.
To serve as an appetizer place on a platter and served with toasted French bread slices or whole grain crackers.
DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information is for informational purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any illness. Consult a physician before taking any action.
Want to contribute great content?
We are looking for contributors provide our readers with great healthy content to encourage positive living. If you're interested in becoming a contributor pease email us at email@example.com