It’s soup season!
The colder months are here. How do you keep yourself warm? There are obviously plenty of ways – warm sweaters, cozy blankets, sitting around the fireplace or bonfires, right? What is one sure fire way to stay cozy during these colder nights? That’s right! Making a deliciously, warm pot of soup!
There is nothing like curling up with a hot bowl of brothy goodness, whether it is chicken, pumpkins, squash, or veggies, it just tastes oh so good.
Soup is the easiest thing to cook with only a handful of ingredients. Agreed there are so many different ways to make them, so many different ingredients to use.
For this week’s blog, I thought I’d share a hearty soup recipe made with butternut squash! 🙂
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This buttery smooth soup is made from butternut squash with veggies and select seasonings. It’s topped with a little shaken cream and paprika.
- 1 pound butternut squash about 1 medium sized squash, can also use acorn squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 each onion cut in half
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces half and half
- 4 tsp heavy cream for garnish
- 1 tsp paprika for garnish
- Microwave the butternut squash for 1-2 minutes. Cut it in half and remove the seeds, skin, and core. Cut the squash into cubes. Chop the onion.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat on a stove. Add the olive oil, then add the squash, onion, and celery. Add the seasonings. Cover and cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and water to the pot with the squash. Bring all to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender. Puree with a vertical blender. Add the cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, place the soup into bowls. Shake the heavy cream and pour a little on top of each one. Garnish with paprika. Serve hot.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8249IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg
Enjoy the soup season!
Stay warm and healthy! 🙂
Follow us on Instagram @movitajuicebar!
DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information is for informational purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any illness. Consult a physician before taking any action.
Want to contribute great content?
We are looking for contributors provide our readers with great healthy content to encourage positive living. If you're interested in becoming a contributor pease email us at firstname.lastname@example.org